Five DIY Masks to pamper your skin during Quarantine
It has been quite a long time since we all are under a lockdown. Chances are, you are either unable to go to a salon to get a nice clean up/facial done or have run out of all the sheet masks that you owned. So does that mean that you cannot pamper your skin anymore? Of course not!
We have got your quarantine skincare covered with 05 DIY masks which we guarantee will make your lockdown skin happy. Another advantage of these masks is that all the ingredients can be procured from your kitchen itself.
Hydrating Face Mask
Summer heat can rob your skin off its natural moisture. A hydrating face mask can provide just the right amount of hydration to make your skin look plump, dewy and youthful. To make this mask, you would require:
- Banana: The fruit contains Vitamin A which helps in skin hydration and repairs dry skin.
- Honey: Known to moisturise and soothe the skin, Honey is known to have antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties
- Olive Oil: The oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin and hydrate it. It also provides a long lasting shield of moisture
How to Make:
Step 1: Cut half a banana into small pieces and mash them with a fork or spoon in a bowl
Step 2: Add 1 teaspoon of honey
Step 3: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix the mixture well
Step 4: Apply the mask on your face and neck and keep it on for 5 minutes before washing it off.
The mask works effectively for dry and sensitive skin.
DIY Face Masks 🍌 Self Quarantined? We’ve got your quarantine skin care covered – DIY Face Masks that can easily be made with common ingredients found in the kitchen💛 For this hydrating mask, all you need is: 1. 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐚 – The vitamin A in bananas restores moisture and repairs dry skin. 2. 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 – Honey is moisturising and soothing, and also has antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties 3. 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐥 – Olive oil penetrates deep into the skin, hydrating it and providing a long lasting shield of moisture A hydrated skin is very important if you want it to be healthy and look supple, youthful and dewy. 💦 Let us know in the comments if you have any other go to DIY Hydrating Face Masks!✨ *Pro-tip – do a gentle 1-min steam / use a warm towel on your face before the face mask to improve the efficiency of the mask. 🧖🏻♀️
A post shared by SólSkin (@solskincorp) on Mar 18, 2020 at 8:01pm PDT
Anti-Acne Face Mask
The hot summer months lead to skin breakouts and acne. One surely needs a mask to prevent pimples and heal acne scars.
- Papaya: Papaya is not only a nutritious fruit with various health benefits but it also comes with skin benefits. Papaya has phytochemicals and powerful enzymes that slow down the aging process and fight free radicals. It has skin lightening properties which reduces visibility of scars and blemishes.
- Honey: A natural hydrant, honey’s antibacterial properties help get rid of acne.
- Lemon: Brightening properties of Lemon help
How to Make:
Step 1: Take ¼ ripe papaya and mash it
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Step 3: Mix them well
Step 4: Apply the mask and let it stay for 15 minutes
Step 5: Once the mask dries, loosen the mask with warm water and rinse off the mask with cold water
Skin Brightening Face Mask
A skin brightening face mask is all we need during these times to not just brighten our skin but our mood too. This simple mask is sure to do so and prevent skin dullness. Here is what you need to achieve a glowing skin.
- Turmeric: It has been a part of an Indian kitchen for centuries. This miracle ingredient has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in fighting acne, reducing dark spots and blemishes, prevent signs of aging and restore your skin’s original glow.
- Yogurt: The lactic acid in yogurt has myriad benefits. It helps clear dead skin cells, prevents breakouts, reduces fine lines and wrinkles and gives your skin a natural glow.
- Honey:Apart from its moisturising and hydrating properties, honey also cleanses pores and has anti aging properties.
- Lemon: RIch in Vitamin C, lemon helps to get rid of skin woes like excessive oiliness and dullness.
How to Make:
Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and lemon juice from ½ a lemon thoroughly.
Step 2: Apply the mixture on your face with clean hands.
Step 3: Leave the mask on for 15-20minutes before washing off with warm water.
This mask will surely rejuvenate your skin and make it look bright and fresh.
DIY Face Masks🌻 We’ve got your quarantine skin care covered! Second on the list is a skin-brightening mask made with common ingredients from your kitchen! Here’s what you need for this skin-brightening mask: 1. 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜 – among other benefits, Turmeric is great to brighten up your skin, calm your skin and lighten scars. 2. 𝐘𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐭 – soothes and moisturises the skin, and contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties that lightens the skin. 3. 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 – helps eliminate dead skin cells to reveal your healthy, brighter skin 4. 𝐋𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 – lemon juice has natural anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties making your skin brighter and lighter Try this to give your skin a refreshing glow!✨ Pro-tip – do a gentle steam or use a warm water towel on your face before applying the mask to improve its efficiency!
A post shared by SólSkin (@solskincorp) on Mar 19, 2020 at 8:08pm PDT
De-tanning Face Mask
Do you want to get rid of a stubborn tan? Then you must try this detan face mask made with Multani Mitthi or Fuller’s Earth as its main ingredient. You will need the following ingredients:
- Multani Mitti: One of our grandmas’ favorite skincare ingredients, Multani mitti has natural healing properties that heal the skin from any damage caused to it.
- Coconut Water: Coconut has linolenic acid which helps protect the skin’s barrier.
- Sugar- It helps to unclog the pores and removes dirt.
How to Make:
Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon each of Multani Mitti and Coconut water with 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Step 2: Apply the pack and let it stay until it dries off completely.
Step 3: Wash it with cold water.
While sugar clears the face, both multani mitti and coconut have a cooling effect which helps to remove the tan and make your skin glow.
Skin Lightening Mask
Now that we are spending more time in the kitchen trying to make new dishes, we can make use of a few vegetables to make an easy mask for the skin. You will need:
- Cucumber: Known for its cooling effect, cucumber helps calm an irritated skin. It also reduces puffiness of the eyes.
- Tomato: Rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, tomato soothes skin inflammation, removes dead skin cells and moisturises the skin.
- Potato: Potatoes can lighten dark circles, revive tired eyes and lighten the skin texture.
How to Make:
Step 1: All you need to do is take one slice each of cucumber, tomato and potato and blend them in a mixer.
Step 2: Refrigerate the paste for about 15-20 minutes and then apply it on your face.
Step 3: Leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with water.
The mask will help even tone your skin, reduce dark circles and give an instant glow.
Do note that it is recommended to do a patch test on your wrist before applying these masks on your face.
Have you tried in DIY Mask yet? Let us know in the comments below.